MDT 2012 Beta 1 Lands2 June 2011 1 min read.
A little earlier today Microsoft released via their Connect site the latest and greatest version of the deployment tool kit. Taken directly from the release notes these are just some of the features:
- Support for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2012 Beta 2, including the new application model and user device affinity (UDA).
- Improved Lite Touch partitioning, supporting the preferred partition layouts described in the Windows Automated Installation Kit.
- Support in Lite Touch for deploying 64-bit Windows® to computers that support Unified Extended Firmware Interface (UEFI) (without requiring compatibility support for legacy BIOS).
- New Lite Touch “Deploy to VHD” task sequence templates that support deploying a Windows 7 or Windows Server® 2008 R2 image into a virtual hard disk (VHD) file that can then be used for booting the OS (“boot from VHD”).
- Added support for deploying Windows ThinPC and Windows POSReady 7.
- Improved Lite Touch wizard look and feel.
- Continued support for System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 and all operating systems supported by MDT 2010.
- Many bug fixes and other small improvements.
- _This release supports the deployment of the Windows 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2003 operating systems. _
Over the course of the next few months, I will be integrating MDT with SCVMM Self Service, so this new version we will exercise.
Skoot over and grab your copy here: https://connect.microsoft.com/site14/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=8689Tags: OSD · WS/SC Previous Post: Windows 8–First Peeks Next Post: Clouds, Capacity and Libraries